TP 270 , Op3 , Op17 Upload

Maybe I have misunderstood the question.

Yes you can upload the program, make the changes offline, and then download the changed program to the PLC.

It sounds like you dont have the original programs for the TP and/or the PLC. That is a very difficult situation if you want to make changes to the program.

It could be better to write completely new programs for both TP and PLC, but only if you have a complete understanding of the machine/proces and are capable PLC and HMI programmer.

Anie.
It will only be possible to upload the configuration file if the original programmer decided to set the "enable upload" function in Protool AND there is a CF card inserted in the slot in the rear of the panel.

If these two requirements are not met, you can upload an image file of the panel with the ProSave utility. This image file is not editable in Protool though.

edit: The cable you need is just a common 9-pin to 9-pin Null-modem cable. pins 2-3, 3-2, 5-5.

HiJesper,

can you clarify how to make null modem cable