Training material

tshearer

I am a relative noob to this forum so please forgive me if I am not putting this request in the correct place. I am a relative oldtimer when it comes to PLCs having worked initially with a Texas Instruments 5TI on my first project many years ago.

I am thinking of developing an introductory SLC500 class for our maintenance crew.

Simply the basics...using RSLinx to get online, how to check processor status, reset faults, use ladder logic for troubleshooting, observing input and output files and using them to jump to/search program for associated code.

Has anyone out there done the screen captures and such for a power point presentation of this sort?

Is anyone willing to give me a copy?

Thanks.

I don't have A-B stuff, but if you end up doing this yourself, you'll find that it is invaluable to use one of the freeware screen shot capture utilities for defining precisely that portion of the screen that you need to capture. It saves lots of time when you don't have to 'crop' a full sized screen shot.

I use one called Gadwin screen shot. The print screen button enables it and the one uses the cursor to delineate the portion of the screen desired.

I find saving in .jpg format works very well for Powerpoints. No need for .bmp's.

Good Luck.

Dan

I have not done any yet, but intend to.

Instead of screen captures, I have migrated to videos. I tend to think watching it in action is more effective than reading the steps and looking at screen shots.

Here is a free utitility if you wanted to try it:

http://camstudio.org/

If you do any of these in video form, I would be willing to help. The only stipulation is that I will want to put the finished videos on YouTube for free public access.