Trending digital tags in Citect

zankorel

Hi all,

im upgrading my citect systems to v7.1 from v6.0 sp A, and am having troubles with digital tag trending through the old style singletrend page (ie pre-CSV style).
In v6, you had to use an intermediate function to add scaling limits to a digital tag (as per one of the Knowledge base articles), but that method does not seem to work in v7.1. Has anybody come across what it takes to make it work without changing everything to CSV or process analyst?

I tried just trending a digital tag without the intermediate function, but that doesnt work either.

Have you tried just scaling the digital tag ?

or..

Have you tried multplying the digital by another tag. From memory Citect will scale digitals as ny unscaled INT (0 - 32000). If the Trend is an expression then Citect will use the scale of the last variable in tghe expression. You could create an INT tag that is scaled -1 to 2 then in the Trend set the expression to
{YOUR DIGITAL TAG}*{INT TAG}/{INT TAG}
That way your trend MAY be scaled -1 to 2.

argh! im getting really frustrated now. I can create new trends just off scaling the digital tag and it works fine.

I just cant change an existing trend, it keeps coming up with 0-32000 range. I am deleting all of the .hst and .0x files, it just doesnt want to do it.

argh! im getting really frustrated now. I can create new trends just off scaling the digital tag and it works fine.

I just cant change an existing trend, it keeps coming up with 0-32000 range. I am deleting all of the .hst and .0x files, it just doesnt want to do it.

Ok, i am confused, are you struggling to get the trend page to scale correctly to show the tag

OR

scale the actual trend tag itself ?

If you need to change the trend when the page loads just use the TrnSetScale function on the page properties (on page shown) you can set it to autoscale or manually set the scale

hi guy! i'm a newbie in Citect V7.1. Now, i'm having some trouble with Citect and industrial OPC . I'm using citect and OPC to control Inverter, everything is perfect in OPC and nothing work in Citect....i created a tag "control" in OPC, if write value 2 to "control"-> inverter run, write 1 -> stop. citect and OPC have been connected but i dont know how to write value to that tag from Citect. i used function Tagwrite() but it did not work....
please help ! ( sorry for my bad English, I'm a Vietnamese ^^)

If you change any scaling you should delete the hst files anyway.
Have you installed SP1? If not you should - fixes a few trending problems and other minor bugs. V7.1 is very stable I have found.
I ran the beta on Vista Business for some time very successfully. There were a few problems but not many. There were then a large number of changes/improvements before the official releas.
I do like the csv pages by the way - they look very smart.

thank BobB !
now everything is ok! ha ha.
i read about Citectscada Pocket PC. I really want to develop my project with scada mobile. but i can't find drivers for pc and PPC to do this. I'm using V7.1. Can you help me?

thank BobB !
now everything is ok! ha ha.
i read about Citectscada Pocket PC. I really want to develop my project with scada mobile. but i can't find drivers for pc and PPC to do this. I'm using V7.1. Can you help me?

Citect on the Pocket PC is discontinued, they dropped it a while back, good job too, it didnt work very well.