Trig functions in S5 CPU945

and I really hate it when regular posters get picky and superior

MartinW, why didn't simply say you needed a tan() function that can must be implemented in floating point if the S5 doesn't support floating point then say you need a tan() function implemented using integers.

Even L D [AR2,p#0.0] didn't know what you wanted and he provided a sin() function.

I wrote a whole rant after your last post about how nobody makes you come on here and answer questions, about how people come here for help not to be looked down on, and that this is not a conspiracy to waste your time. I deleted it after I'd calmed down as I convinced myself that I'd taken your reply the wrong way. I wish I hadn't bothered, judging by your latest reply.

The reason I didn't say I wanted a TAN function is because I DON'T WANT ONE! Just as the reason I'm not using a prox or encoder (your earlier suggestions) is because I haven't got one and I'm not redesigning the whole machine because the original functions were written incorrectly. If you read my first post properly you'd have seen that I didn't originally understand why a TAN function had been used as it seemed to be the wrong application.

Simon knew exactly what I wanted and provided an excellent answer as always.

Oh, and by the way, I really hate it when people don't proof read their own posts. If you're going to be so superior at least write your replies in a manner that makes grammatical sense.