Triggering another timer after the first one.

cartierusm

I'm trying to trigger a timer after the first one is finished.

So,
X003 triggers timer T1 and OFF delay timer
t1 turns on output Y103 for 8 seconds.

At the end of the that 8 seconds I need it to trigger another timer, an ON Delay timer.

Any help is appreciated. I'm very new to this.

I thought a drum timer might work, but having trouble figuring it out. Such as when you tell T1 to turn on with an input, then you have another rung with t1 triggering an output it doesn't seem to work that way with the drum timer.

Well judging by the x003 I'd say automation direct based.

I'm familiar with the click line. I'm away from my computer atm but I'll be on it in an hour. I'll post some code

How about:

Timer T1 Done
-----|\|----------------(Timer 2)---

For the Off Delay timer, the done bit is 1 only when the rung is false and the accumulator is greater than or equal to the preset.

I would do something like this:

dvNLBth.png

It is a Click PLC.

PapaSmiff, thanks for the help. I'm sooo new that what you wrote doesn't make sense to me. You'll have to dumb it down :geek:

Here's what I have and what I understand.

Click PLC Programming:

X003-----------------------T1 (OFF Delay - 8 Sec.)
T1--------------------------Y102 (Timer turns on Y102 for 8 Sec.)

Not sure how to program to say when T1 is done as you suggested.

Gomez, I didn't know you could use an output to trigger something. I think that'll work.

I'm so new to this, pardon any stupid questions:

But why do I need to use C1 and T1 like that, can't I just do this?

click_timer.jpg

Gomez, I noticed that the timer below in your pic is T1. I didn't notice that before so I'm not sure what that circuit does. I need two timers. I need T1 to trigger T2 once T1 is finished.

Yea sorry, my timer should be t2. The reason I used the C1 is because a TON needs to be held on during the whole timing period.

EDIT

Have you verified your first timer does what you want? It doesn't look like it will work the way you have described.

So here's what I did. So when I didn't have a T2 to trigger reset of Y107, but rather have Y102 falling after T1 to trigger just a regular output, it works, but when I add in Y102 falling to trigger t2 to trigger Y107 it doesn't work.

timer.jpg

You can't use only the falling edge of Y102 as the enable to T2. Whatever is acting as the enable to T2 must be logic level 1 for at least the duration of the T2 preset in order the the T2 condition to become active. Something similar to the thing Gomez did above with the C1 latch feeding T1 could be done for T2 based on T1.

Keith

AH I get it now. I mean I don't get exactly what's going on, but when I programmed it the way gomez did the first time I must have got something wrong. Now I redid it and it works. Thanks a bunch all of you!!