TSX connection with PL7 (Unitel driver)

userxyz

Hi,

I'm trying to get a serial connection with Unitel driver
I use USB->SERIAL converter en then the TSXPCU1030 cable
PL7 is running in my VMWare

Connection doesn't work

Can it be because of the UBS->SERIAL converter ?

Thanks,
G

Hi,
i tried many different converters and in the end gave up with the TSXPCU1030 and bought a TSXPCX3030 version.

My colleague has got the TSXPCU1030 to work with a PCMCIA to serial card but last time i checked VMware does not support many PCMCIA devices.

hope this helps:)

okay

So actually, you say that the chances are small to have it work with a converter?

Kind regards,
G

Hi,
i tried many different converters and in the end gave up with the TSXPCU1030 and bought a TSXPCX3030 version.

My colleague has got the TSXPCU1030 to work with a PCMCIA to serial card but last time i checked VMware does not support many PCMCIA devices.

hope this helps:)

So actually, you say that the chances are small to have it work with a converter?

Kind regards,
G

From my experience - Yes unfortunately.

i have Belkin,omron and keyspan and other cheap adaptors, usually the omron and keyspan work well, but not in this case.

The genuine Telemech cable isn't too expensive,but if budget is tight Chinese copies are available.

My experience also is that the unitelway driver needs a hardware port on your PC otherwise get the USB version of the programming cable.

Hey

Hi,

I have a laptop with a serial port onboard now.
But have still connection problems.

So I setted the driver 9600 COM1 8 bits Odd 1 Stop and Linktype PC
I setted the COM1 port in my VMWare the same.

But as you can see, I'm working from a VMWare...

Any ideas ?

Geez - that is the first time I have ever heard of the Omron USB converter not working.
I do not use VM Ware but Windows and another virtual machine and have never had a problem with the Omron converter.
Thanks for the heads up.

hmmm

Must be the cable

Geez - that is the first time I have ever heard of the Omron USB converter not working.
I do not use VM Ware but Windows and another virtual machine and have never had a problem with the Omron converter.
Thanks for the heads up.

Must be the cable
I doubt it - the Omron converter has worked with everything I have ever connected to. I normally connect @ 115 k if it available without any problems.
Not into Schneider though - they are a bit strange at times.

Hey

Hey,

Thanks for your help in first place !

I try to connect to a TSX Premium with a TSXPCU1030 cable.
I do have a serial port on my current laptop now.
I'm running PL7 Pro 4.5, in a VMWare !!

dd.jpg

ddd.jpg

What Model PLC are you looking to connect to?
Are you using PL7-Pro, if so, what version?

Last edited:
You can make your own connection cable to work with VMWare running Windows XP. Buy a MINI-Din 8 straight-thru cable and cut one end off. The wires going to pins 1 and 2 are RS485 A and B, and pin 7 is ground. You need to connect the RS485 to USB converter to the host machine and set it up so COM1 on the virtual machine is linked to this COM port. The default driver settings should work this way. I spent a lot of time figuring this out. If you try to connect the USB device to the virtual machine and change the driver settings to match it will never work. Also, make sure to swap A and B if it doesn't work the first time and try again.

were you able to communicate the PLC through Virtual machine....

Hi,

I'm trying to get a serial connection with Unitel driver
I use USB->SERIAL converter en then the TSXPCU1030 cable
PL7 is running in my VMWare

Connection doesn't work

Can it be because of the UBS->SERIAL converter ?

Thanks,
G