Tunnel Sensors

Charbel

dear,

I was wondering since tunnel might be subjected to fire, does the tunnel sensor have to be specified as fire rated sensors?

thanks a lot!

charbel

What kind of tunel.
Depending of the kind, different systems should be located in the tunnel according to the regulations. And also different fire resistance is specified for the materials, cables, etc.

In the european regulations are specified different systems. For above 500m overall length (should check) you have to instal forced ventilation. NOx and CO2 sensors are also required. Fire signal system also. The cables should be fire retardant (cat Bca) and so on. Sensors should be fire resistant to the corresponding category (A,B,C), valid for all the materials and electrical equipment.

Similar Topics

dear, i was wondering concerning tunnel sensors, my preference is for IP66 for tunnel sensors such as visibility, CO, NOx etc.... however, most...
Replies
Views
Third puzzle in the tunnel theme: Two cats are travelling on a train, the train is running at constant speed. The cats are initially stationary...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if anyone ever had this setup. I have 3 micrologix 1400 communicating via cradlepoint modems. They in turn each is hooked to a...
Replies
Views
Our project requires a vpn tunnel communication, between a Scada system and some remote Plc's. So we are trying to understand the following...
Replies
Views
Hello all-it's been awhile. We recently bought a used machine and have made some modifications. The original machine had a Wonderware computer...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom