Twido plc to GE mds4710 radio RS232

jechlu

Hi guys I'm trying to figure out which pins I need to connect to go from a 8 pin DIN to a db-25. I'm connecting the Din port on the TWIDO PLC and adding the DB25 to the other end of the cable.

My dilema is do I only need the tx, rx and system ground for 232? Do I need DSR,RTS or DTR?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeremi

Hi!

I assume, that you have installed optional RS232 port to Twido PLC, Port1 (programming port) is RS485. For port1 you will need also RS485/RS232 converter.

Anyway, if you have allready installed RS232 port to twido, pins which you need are 3 (TXD), 4 (RXD) and 6/7 (signal Ground).

I haven't never used other pins of DIN8 connector/RS232 on twido, should work without DSR, RTS and DTR signals.