Twincat 2 Error 3612

ibora

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to be online a twincat-2 plc with twincat plc control. But when the program compiling i'm getting an error message with code 3612(Maximum number of POUs exceeded). When i read from Beckhoff site to correct this message Beckhoff is advicing to increase Maximal Number of POUs from controller settings menu.

But when i open project>options i can't see the controller settings menu.
Can someone explain this please? Or how can i correct this error?

Thanks a lot

Find your TwinCAT installation path. E.g. C:/TwinCAT/
Find the folder Plc. Open TwinCAT PLC Control.ini file.
Change the line MaxNumOfPOUs=1024 to something like 2048.

I've had projects where 4096 didn't even cut it. Damn OEMs and their one size fits all...