TwinCAT EtherCAT outpt not getting passed to EtherCAT IO

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I must be doing something really dumb but I cannot crack it.
I have this one EtherCAT device and my CODESYS program works as expected. The ESI file is correct, I get the device into the operational state and the process data is expected value. So I am fairly sure the device and the ESI file are OK.

But the TwinCAT version does not work. The ESI I use in the TC program is the same as the on on the CODESYS program. The variables in the PLC program are linked to the corresponding IO. I am using those variables in the PLC program. I can see the device getting into operational state in TwinCAT, but it seems the process input data from the EtherCAT device does not reach the PLC program. The TC tool shows the expected input from the device but this value is not passed to the linked variable. Tried rebuilding the solution. Run out of ideas. Wish somebody can help out. Maybe the screenshot below can further explain my problem. Thanks for reading.

EtherCAT_Input.png

OK, I managed to solve my problem. Somehow I managed to screw-up the 'info device' image in my project. Had to rebuild the IO ad the mappings, now it is working as expected.

It may take a bit of time. The ADS interface must be set up properly if you are not using the engineering tool with the local TC runtime. Make sure you enable the required ports in the firewall. The errors explanation one gets ate cryptic when this is not set properly. But it is a very good tool.