TwinCAT Serial communication

Bennie_S

Good morning all! ( at least fo he ones living around the GMT+1 area:p)

Im having some problems with my program while using serial communication.
I then used the sample program from the TwinCAT informaton system just to make sure i was'nt screwing up, but i got the same error:

as soon as SendBusy becomes TRUE, SendErrorID becomes COMERROR_TXBUFFOVERRUN, i dont understand this erroro_O

So im can see data in the sendstring, but no data in the received string, i also used hhperterminal but i dont see anything being hello worlded to my screen =(

I linked the variables in the systemsmanager ( Status, Control, Input and output) so i think that cant be the cause of the problem.

I hope i made the probem as clear as possible, if not, please contact me for details. Thanks in advance guys/girls!

I found the problem

I failed to select the corret run-time system in TwinCAT PLC, I did selected the correct system in the TwinCAT system manager but you could guess what happened.

Now that I look back, there was at least one sign that could indicate this;
Last week I tried to put the plc /io combination online for the first time, but I could not make a hardware output TRUE (make a light turn on).

thanks for the brains!

hai bennie
these questions are better in place at 3s-software.com
however i read here frequent.
you will have these problems also in simulation mode.