Two Panelview Plus sharing one Control Logix processor

paulB

Is it possible to have two or several PanelView Plus communicating with one Control Logix processor on Ethernet network? This is a new project, where customer want to have two HMI with the same program controlling one machine from two different points.
I do not see any reason why it won't work, but never done it before. Are there any potential problems that I need to be aware?
In general as a concept do you really want to be able to control one output from two separate points? How would you handle faults pop up windows? If you asknowledge fault on one HMI will it become asknowledged on another?
Please share your experience good or bad.

Thank you,

PaulB

Yes it will "work".
The alarm handling from both HMIs could be accomplished by using ladder logic code which will control "remote acknowledge/close display" tags included within the FTVS application (Alarms Setup-Advanced tab).
However, WOULD IT BE A SAFE APPLICATION?
I don't believe so.

Last edited:
No problem at all and it will be perfectly safe if coded correctly. Safety should not rely on a panelview anyway if you want to be PC.

I have done 8 with no issue but it does task the enbt card with that many so it is best to split on multiple enbt card if you can or keep all drives and Io on one enbt and both hmi units on a seperate card.

FT View SE is best for multiple terminals as it only read/writes tags from the plc once and the clients just display from the server. All tag control is through the server.

But for 2 panels what you propose will be fine but i would put them on their own enbt.