"Type Conflict with enty in the symbol table" - Error.....Need help please.

drspanda

Dear Experts,

I am facing a peculiar problem:

In PLC blocks... in FC31 network-4, I want to change the IN1 parameter (which is 1.600000e+002) to 1.600000e+001.

FC31.JPG

FC32.JPG

After changing I am not able to save as well as download to CPU....I am getting the error

"Type Conflict with enty in the symbol table" and by going to help I am seeing this message:

Help on Message 34:146

Description of Error:
The parameter you supplied is defined in the symbol table assigned to your resource. The data type entered in the symbol does not match your formal parameter.

To Correct or Avoid Error:

Check your symbol table and change the data type for the symbol if necessary. You can also change the interface of the called block after you delete the call. This action affects all users of the called block and leads to an expanded display.

I think the solution may be simple but I do not know and require you people help.

This is the problem with siemens

Hello Everyone,

The problem was solved:

I simply changed the view from LAD to STL and then changed and now it is working well.

This is a problem with siemens and I think someone should tell them so as to rectify this in comming version.

This is a problem with siemens and I think someone should tell them...
... and who do you think this someone should be? One of us? Or you?

This is such a fundamental issue that I'm prepared to bet it was user error. If it existed in Siemens PLCs or software this whole Forum would have no other topic.

Ken

Ken M said:
... and who do you think this someone should be? One of us? Or you?
Ken

I believe that there are many people who are close to siemens personnel and there may be siemens personnel in this forum as members....Keeping that in view I have made that statement.

This is such a fundamental issue that I'm prepared to bet it was user error. If it existed in Siemens PLCs or software this whole Forum would have no other topic.

I think it is not user error...I cannot upload the project because of the size to prove my statement...If you are able to see the networks in LAD, STL and FBD then it is riduculous that you are allowed to make changes in STL only...this appears to be strange and that to a constants used as input parameters to a FC. I have uploaded STL view because I can show more networks in a given window size...Actually by default that FC31's view is LAD.

drspanda - why are the variable names called IN0, IN1 TEMP0, TEMP1 etc? This implies the code has been uploaded from a plc and the original offline blocks have been lost - this may explain the message the first time you try and edit a block for the first time.

I am game as to try and test the behaviour.
drspanda, you can cut out everything else but FC31 and FC32. Do keep the symbol table, but remove any HMI from the project. Then the size will be reduced so much that can post it on the forum.

What version is your STEP7 exactly ?

After having cut out as much as possible, do a "Save As" to another project and select the "With Re-organisation" option. This will give you the minimum size project for posting.

Good point. Note also that he has already "fixed it" - we need the project before he tried to make the change to network 4

Still the zip file size is 576kB.

JesperMP said:
drspanda, you can cut out everything else but FC31 and FC32. Do keep the symbol table, but remove any HMI from the project. Then the size will be reduced so much that can post it on the forum.

Actually this project contains 3PLC's connected in MPI with one PC. I have removed 2 PLC Stations and then kept only FC31 and FC 32...but still the size is 576kB.

What version is your STEP7 exactly

Step7 V5.1 SP3.

Actually this project contains 3PLC's connected in MPI with one PC. I have removed 2 PLC Stations and then kept only FC31 and FC 32...but still the size is 576kB.
Why didnt you remove the PC station ?
Remove the PC station from within STEP7 Manager. Then with Windows Explorer, go to the relevant project directory under Program Files\Siemens\STEP7\S7proj, and then delete everything under \TDOP and \HMIes.

An almost empty STEP7 program should not be 576kB

Anyway, your STEP7 is so old that I doubt that it doesnt make sense to try and replicate the error on a recent STEP7, which is at v5.4+SP1.

Last edited:
I am afraid?

JesperMP said:
Why didnt you remove the PC station ?
There is no PC station in Step7 Manager.
JesperMP said:
Then with Windows Explorer, go to the relevant project directory under Program Files\Siemens\STEP7\S7proj, and then delete everything under \TDOP and \HMIes.
there are no such directories.

An almost empty STEP7 program should not be 576kB
I don't know why the size is 576kB.
Anyway, your STEP7 is so old that I doubt that it doesnt make sense to try and replicate the error on a recent STEP7, which is at v5.4+SP1.
I have tried opening this project from other PC which has step7 V5.3 SP3...I find the same problem (I cannot change).

Actually this project contains 3PLC's connected in MPI with one PC.
+
There is no PC station in Step7 Manager.
= ?

OK try this:
Make a completely new project.
Define a new PLC station with the correct hardware (edit: The CPU is enough).
Then copy the Blocks directory from the "bad" project to the "new" project. Be sure to copy also the symbols.
Archive that and see what size you get.

Last edited:
Great Idea.

JesperMP said:
Make a completely new project.
Define a new PLC station with the correct hardware (edit: The CPU is enough). Then copy the Blocks directory from the "bad" project to the "new" project. Be sure to copy also the symbols.
Archive that and see what size you get.

Done.

Last edited: