UL Approved Ferrules or Crimpers?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
So what does it take to be UL compliant with Ferrules?

Is there such a thing as UL Approved Crimpers? or do you have to use the manufacture recommended crimpers with your UL Listed ferrules?

I am unsure as to what I need to do to me UL Compliant here.

Attached is the UL conditions of acceptability for ferrules. I hope it helps.

BTW, you can get this off of the UL website by putting in the UL file number for the ferrules and then getting the additional info from the left pane.

Not really that document is very ambiguous :unsure:

Use of specific tools — A specific tool and die used to assemble a wire connector to a conductor is identified on the connector, or on or within
the unit container of the connector. The identification consists of a catalog or type designation, color-coding, die index number, or equivalent
means. Color-coding of the crimp barrel is common.
Clear as mud