Ultra3000i Parameters

jwhite3615

I have an Ultra3000i Allen Bradley drive that went bad, I have a backup of the parameters and after replacing the drive I was wondering how to download the parameters to it using UltraWare, if anyone can help me out I would be thankful, when I open the project it shows the backup as offline, and automatically connects me to the node the new drive is on showing it online in a separate folder

Justin

It's easy once you know the trick, just open the backup file which should show a drive in the Offline folder, then connect and you should see the new drive in the Online folder. Sounds like you've done all that. Now click and drag the offline drive icon on top of the online drive--it will ask you if you want to replace all parameters. (The online drive must not be enabled in order for this to work.)

It will not let me drag and drop it into place, I'm not sure why it wont, it doesn't care if it is disabled or not, unless I may not be sure how to take it fully offline

If the drive is enabled it will let you do the drag and drop, you'll just get an error.

Are you sure the online and offline drives are exactly the same units? (Look under "Service Info" for each.) Model numbers must match.