UltraWARE Software

Uxie

I'm looking for the Allen Bradley UltraWARE software for an old Ultra series servo drive.

I'm working on a senior project at my university and I need to get a working servo motor for our machine. Our project advisor provided a 1398 Ultra series motor and we found a 2098 Ultra 3000 drive. Unfortunately, there was no product key provided and we cannot access the software through Rockwell Automation. Despite several calls to their support and local distributors, I was unable to obtain the software.

If not, is there any hope of running the servo motor (Y-2012-2-H00AA) on a different drive? If so, with what and how?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

the Ultra series software requires a license key as you have already said.
you may want to contact your local distributor to see of you can still buy the software OR if they have a pc with the software loaded that you can borrow.
james

Welcome to the forum.

the Ultra series software requires a license key as you have already said.
you may want to contact your local distributor to see of you can still buy the software OR if they have a pc with the software loaded that you can borrow.
james

I hadn't thought of seeing if I could borrow it, but it seemed like none of the distributors I spoke with had it on hand.

You can get it free from this link from the Allen Bradley site.

https://compatibility.rockwellautom...2&refSoft=1&toggleState=&versions=51858,50195

Check the box under Accessory Files then click the Downloads button at the top.

Wow! I didn't realize I was actually able to download that, thank you! None of the Rockwell guys I talked to over the phone mentioned it. That begs the question though, what is the software that actually requires the serial number?

Wow! I didn't realize I was actually able to download that, thank you! None of the Rockwell guys I talked to over the phone mentioned it. That begs the question though, what is the software that actually requires the serial number?

It has been an obsolete product for many years now and their tendency is to make the software available without an expectation of getting support.