unable to set IP address via RS Linx Classic lite on 5069-L306ER

Glad you got it resolved. In my experience, the USB connection was always super easy. I have not had any issues whether I was using USB2 or USB3. But of course, others may have had different experiences. The PLC itself uses a USB2 connection. I have had issues with sketchy cables before. But usually those would work erratically.

I guess when all else fails, good old BootP is there to save us.

OG

Glad you got it resolved. In my experience, the USB connection was always super easy. I have not had any issues whether I was using USB2 or USB3. But of course, others may have had different experiences. The PLC itself uses a USB2 connection. I have had issues with sketchy cables before. But usually those would work erratically.

I guess when all else fails, good old BootP is there to save us.

OG

I also often use a USB for Control/CompactLogix. I don't use it to set the IP address through RSLinx however, I will usually use it to flash the processor firmware and then download the program with the IP configuration set in it to the processor.

Glad the BootP worked for you. It can be finicky as well but yes you want to isolate just the computer and the processor. Although that will work, sometimes. šŸ™ƒ

I typically flash the firmware and set the IP through the USB port. I don't think I have had a failure with the USB but sometimes its really SLOW to show up in RSLinx. Might be my 'puter.

I noticed you were able to flash the firmware to V33 so you had some success with the USB.

I don't think I have had a failure with the USB but sometimes its really SLOW to show up in RSLinx. Might be my 'puter.

Mine often takes a while to show up in RSLinx as well, sometimes unplugging and reinserting a couple times makes it show up immediately, but sometimes that doesn't work either.