Understanding 5069-ob16/dual outputs

Bobobodopalus

Hello all,

I've ran into a problem where we are trying to give a solenoid 2 inputs and this is causing a problem on the output card.

as you can see on the below image wire 45 can have an outside 24v on it, i have found that when this happens output 7 is activating, does anyone know why this happens?

https://imgur.com/a/3yKrez8

i assume i may have to insert an OR gate or a diode or something to this circuit to prevent it

sorry i take it back about output 7 activating, the plc was outputting on 7, the problem is that this 24v is supplying SA power to the output card when the button is pushed which i need to avoid as the terminal 16 power is controlled by a safety pilz, thepush button sends a door down and then when it is closed the output card is given power which the plc will then latch the door power keeping it down

Output 15 should be driving an auxiliary relay, with the c/o contacts of the auxiliary relay in parallel with the push button. This will keep the supplies isolated.

yeah, seems a bit obvious now the output isn't activating, would there be any issue using a diode in here instead of adding a relay?

+1 for Chelton. I would definitely add a relay. Also have you verified how much current the solenoids are drawing? I know they only fire one at a time however myself and I would presume others on here have fried relay output contacts or blew the fuse, causing unnecessary downtime or equipment expense. Hope this helps.