Help with understanding GE 90-30 APM module

IHICONN

Took a new job and the controls schemes are fairly old and I'm used to Allen Bradley and Siemens. I'm looking to replace a pair of Superior Slo-Syn Drives with some kollmorgen akd servo drives. Boss won't approve replacing the PLC with a more modern RX3I PLC so I need to pair these new servo drives to the GE 90-30 IC69APU301 that already exists.

I have the manual for it but I'm struggling to understand its purpose in the system. It seems like it stores the drive program but could someone more familiar with it give me an overview of how I would approach the programming to make the new drives work? The wiring seems straightforwards enough to swap over by itself but how do I copy over the drive program?

The module is capable of executing stored programs or executing commands to move. It outputs a -10 volt to +10 volt DC analog speed reference and reads an encoder feedback signal. To execute a stored program, PLC logic turns on one of the %Q output bits assigned to the APU301 module. To execute a direct move command, the PLC moves a command code and associated data into the %AQ analog output addresses assigned to the module.

If your company will permit it, post the PLC program here and I'll point out the logic that controls the existing servo. If the boss isn't comfortable with posting the program on a public forum, contact me via PM and I'll give you my email address to send it directly to me.