Understanding [NOP] RSlogix 5000

showshocka

I have read the Instruction help on this. I am still not clear or sure on why this would even be used. I see this a lot on Rung 0 inside of the AOL logic that I am currently looking in. They also use it out in the normal routines of logic. I'am really not understand the usage of it. Can Anybody please explain, or give an elementary scenario on the usage of this instruction. Thanks.

I remember a post from years ago about the standard programming of Push To Walk buttons in Australia for traffic lights with crosswalks, that used a perfect example of the NOP. It went something like this:

E/W P.T.W PB
-------||---------------------------------------(NOP)

N/S P.T.W PB

I remember a post from years ago about the standard programming of Push To Walk buttons in Australia for traffic lights with crosswalks, that used a perfect example of the NOP. It went something like this:

E/W P.T.W PB

N/S P.T.W PB

That is hilarious and most likely true!

And the same for:

EASYBUTTON
------||------------------------------------------(NOP)

E/W P.T.W PB

N/S P.T.W PB

Now That's :ROFLMAO: , now that I know it does nothing. What a fake out. Thanks all!