Unidrive SPM 250HP AC Drive PS.10V Fault

StoneMan

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a Control Techniques Unidrive SPM that is intermittently faulting out with a PS.10V fault. The manual has this fault as being "10V user power supply current greater than 10mA" and says to check wiring on terminal 4 and/or reduce load on terminal 4 - we have nothing connected to terminal 4... Any suggestions on this one?

Yes, I have looked through them. I don't get any more infor than check terminal 4 and reduce load on terminal 4. I have a call in to our after hours Emerson rep but haven't heard anything back yet.

We did power down for about 10 minutes and it has been up and running for about an hour now with no faults - it was only going about 20 minutes between faults before I got back in to the plant.

We are hooked up with CTSoft and are monitoring it but there does not seem to be a way to view the current on the 10V P.S.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Emerson has seen this before and that it is as I said, a faulty sensor. If you've got more than one of these drives in-house about the same age, may want them to update them all.

I have no spare yet, it has only been in about 8 months. We will be looking at some spares or seeing if our vendor will hold stock. Thanks for the input.

Just an FYI, we have not had a fault since Wednesday morning. Emerson/Control Techniques believes it to be a problem with the control module on the drive and sent us a replacement (under warranty).

Last edited: