Unitronics experiences - good - bad

I Agree. There seems to be some misconception there.

They do have an FB called FILTER that is meant more as an average value function with built in FIFO.

The range of the filters for analog signals is generally selected in the hardware config for the IO.

The software was being updated quite frequently for a while, which was rather annoying as you had to change versions of the plc programming software to open an old program, or upgrade the program to the new version. Sometimes the new version would require an OS update in the PLC as well, which requires stopping the PLC. Luckily they seemed to have slowed down with the 230 series as the focus shifted to the touchscreens.

I don't think they do on-line changes - the PLC program stops running while the program is being downloaded.

I used to have problems with the TCP ports hanging if the connection was dropped but haven't experienced that for a while. I think only one client can connect to the socket if you set up the PLC as a modbus slave, eg only 1 master can connect to it.

E-mail support I recall being fine, but any hardware that got hit by lightning we just replaced. They are cheap enough to keep spares on hand. It was always the same units that got taken out by lightning so I think the failures there were more of a question of the specific site rather than the quality of the hardware.

When I go back to visions I miss not being able to make functions.

I have 45 plc Unitronics M91-2-R1 and work great over 10 years.
I buy V350-35-T38 and work great now 3 years. Easy all in one program!