Unitronics Vision

DL06

Can anyone give me some rough pricing on the Unitronics vision series (V230, V260, V280, V290)? Also software and cables...

I realize that there are different sub-models, but just want to know if this is a viable alternative to a DL06 and C-More Micro combo.

From some old posts, I hear that the software may be free and the cable requirements are minimized since it is all one unit. I like the Automation Direct hardware, but the cost of software and cables are killer for a one time application.

Any impressions from those who have used the vision series woulde be great.

Thanks!

A Vision 280 in the states runs US$655 from my distributor. This includes the PLC and touchsceen, 2 serial ports, an add-on port (ethernet, $110) and canbus (good for other unitronics only).

From there you get options in IO. You can use snap IO, which attaches to the back of the PLC, for starting at $200. I went with the expansion adapter ($50) and expansion IO at about $150 for a 16 point In or Out.

The other smaller models have different levels of IO built in, so price can range from $250 - $600, depending on what you need. Only the V280 and V290 are touchscreens, and I find the price break is usually so small, I go with the upgrade.

I fowarded a link to this thread to Unitronics, they may be able to put you in touch with a distributor.

TM

There is no IO directly built into the 280 and 290, as there is in Entertron. However, there is no touchscreen built into the Entertron, as there is in the 280 and 290 :)

Options for Snap IO are huge, with large IO counts, high speed, analog IO. Literally too much to list here. Follow the link for examples:

www.unitronics.com

I'll tell you straight-out, I don't care for snap IO myself. It's not about the functionality for me, it's the aesthetics - I like distributed IO better, and use Beckhoff serial Modbus modules with my projects, since Unitronics has no product to compete with those. I will use snap-io if it fits the project without too much cabling.

TM

Touche Tim...lol.

I was curious because many of their products have the built in I/O and then you could expand with the Snap I/O.

I wasn't certain if the larger screens had any I/O. If they did, then the price you mentioned would have been quite good.

I ran a cost comparison of AB products to Unitronics products long ago, comparing a Vision 280 with ethernet and snap IO to a similarly equipped Microl0gix 1500. Final tally, the AB was $4000 more. The unitronics setup could be purchased for close to what the AB touchscreen cost alone.

TM

When I compare DL06 and c-more 6" touch screen it cheaper
then the Uni.
For $625 you get both

DL-06 have Modebus port so you can use distribut I/O very easy.

Tim
Be carfull Unitronics com ports tend to stop work without any reason.
Any comresison to AB is not posiable the prices are in different levels.

I prefer the AD Then Unitronics even then made in Israel and very popular here.