Unity Pro as a software for training?

sis

Gentlemen, Is there someone who have an experience of using Unity Pro for Modicon M340 PLCs from schneider-electric as a software for training?
I plan to buy a software with a simulator for students to practice without a hardware.
I have old Hitachi plcs to use for practice but without a simulator.

Thanks for any informations,
SIS.

Unity pro for training

Yes , good idea.
Unity Pro has a simulator and you can programm various logic sections.
You can even create graphic pages for User interaction.

Whats more , this simulator running on one computer can be connected to another computer runnig SCADA.

well ,
Best of Luck

if its only for training, i would recommend codesys software as it also has a built-in basic hmi (visualization) plus this software is FREE! they also have a soft plc that you can try and you can use codesys to program different kinds of PLC...

please check this link for further info. http://www.3s-software.com/

i have used unity pro before but i find it easier to learn using the codesys interface =)

AAARGHH! If you like function block the M340 is OK. I absolutely hate function block and most electrical engineers in Australia now specify ladder only!
If you want ladder, FBs, SFC, ST then I reckon Omron is the way to go. They do it all, have a simulator, CX-One also programs the HMIs and has a simulator that works with the PLC simulator seamlessly.
CX-One also does drives, networking, DeviceNet, CompoNet, Ethernet IP, FINS (Omron), Profibus - the lot.
have a talk to your local Omron office about software sets for training - I guess you are from a college?

Most electrical engineers here specify function blocks. hehehe. Whats worse for you i guess is that you can put function blocks in ladder programs on unity

and most electrical engineers in Australia now specify ladder only!
Not that I have seen
Function block is used more and more
Except of course when the customer has chosen to use AB then you really don't have a choice

Function blocks can have ladder in it. It saves reading time by non programmers alot and reproduction of the same ladder or whatever u prefer in dublicate programs. Its like arguing relay logic is better than using plc's. Get over it and move on