Unity Pro SFC stuck on Initial Step

Jimbo72

Good morning,

I've got a Schneider M340 PLC that I'm commissioning with Unity Pro XL V11.

There is an SFC in the software but it seems to be stuck on the initial step. The transition condition to the next step is true (it should step on) but the SFC appears to stay on the initial step. The step-time elapsed does not count up on the step block, as if it is running at all or is being reset every scan.

This is what it looks like:
faoi14.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas what completely obvious thing I'm missing? Schneider PLCs aren't my strong point!

Thanks

With a bit of help from Schneider Tech Support I found the problem.

An 'INITCHART' function block was being called in a different routine. This wasn't in use before but a software change in a different routine brought it into play. The INITCHART block initializes the SFC every time it scans through.

If you find yourself in a similar situation, search the project for the sequence name rather than the step name.