Unusual unrecognized device error - RSLinx Classic

blampe

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } I am getting the unrecognized device icon when trying to connect through the Ethernet/IP & ControlNet driver on RSLinx with my 1756-EWEB/A and 1756-CNBR/E modules. This error mysteriously came up all of sudden. To date it worked but after doing some interfacing with DeviceNet with a PCD card, it cannot recognize my modules. In the past have only been interfacing with ControlNet applications with the PCC card. I have tried everything i can think of to get this device to be recognized. I have tried pulling the EDS file from the module and re-installing it. I had my distributor send me the EDS file and re-installed it. I re-installed RSLinx and the error was still present. I even did a system restore to an earlier restore point and the error still existed.

Was checking to see if there was a incompatibility with firmware versions.

The firmware:
1756-EWEB/A module is 4.003
1756-CNBR/E module is 10.007
RSLinx Classic Gateway is 2.52
Windows XP Service Pack 2

Also, It is a standalone network. It connects directly from the EWEB/A module to our laptop.

One thing also, but I personally dont see a correlation is that i noticed that our ControlNet file will not open in RSNetWorx as well. You can open the RSNetWorx for ControlNet but as you go to open the file for our system, it immediately exits the RSNetWorx program. The RSNetWorx is version 8. This was not the case until after we interfaced with a DeviceNet project and messed with RSNetWorx for DeviceNet.

Any thoughts of what else i could try doing?

Which version of RSNetworx for DeviceNet did you install ?

While it's not a perfect correlation, some releases of RSNetworx (v9 and v21 most notably) tend to interfere with non-matching releases of the other RSNetworx products because they share so many components. It's common to install RSNetworx for DeviceNet v21 and have it interfere with RSNetworx for ControlNet v10, for example.