URGENT - MSG instruction over DH+ (CLX to slc)

Ken Roach said:
You will probably have to set up your MSG instructions so they all execute in sequence.

Ok, Ken brings up a good issue that warrants a statement.

For efficient communications, you should be reading/writing an entire set of data to a particular node. Messaging is more efficient if you send a continuous "array" of data versus sending multiple single elements. The way to do this would be to move or copy your data into a dedicated data array to data file that is used for communications.

Another tip would be to only send this "array" on data change.

Don't forget that you should have a "handshake" with the remote node at all times. This way, your controller "knows" the status of the other.

Similar Topics

I have an old PLC (circa 2007) consisting of Telemecanique/Modicon/Schneider Electric devices. The system has developed errors and unfortunately...
Replies
Views
Guys, please help me with this urgently. We have Logic 5575 installed in hot n standby setup. For some reason, the primary now cannot sync with...
Replies
Views
I have DI module ICPCon M7024UD connect to my pc using COM3 MODBUS RTU and also RHT sensors are using MODBUS TCPIP.. The problem is, it cannot...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We are facing synching issues with redundancy module, where the Primary is ending up with disqualified secondary. Normally this would...
Replies
Views
I have the logic of OMRON but I want to do this logic in TIA 15.1 CPU 1200...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom