USB to SERIAL CONVERTER problem

bleach

guys, am having a problem in my laptop, i can't communicate with AB or GEfnuc PLCS by using the USB to SERIAL CONVERTER.. the configuration of the plc and the converter are made well for sure

the problem in my laptop i tried two converter and all are
working

where could the problem be, i really don't want to buy a new laptop

thanks

this is better to use full port laptop.
some converter doesn't work in rs232 voltag rate because the usb pors is 5 volt.

usb-serial

I know for a fact that the AB products are extremely picky. the only converter I found that would work for AB products use the FTDI chips.
I personally use the ones from
here:

but any converter that uses the FTDI chip should work.

Similar Topics

Until recently, I haven't had to connect to a piece of hardware using a serial connection in quite sometime. Well, that all changed yesterday when...
Replies
Views
Dear experts, I can't connect to Siemens s7 200, I have Siemens ppi cable but I don't have serial port on my pc so I used serial to usb converter...
Replies
Views
Hello Chaps I'm usually a BMS controls engineer however we get sent on call outs to fix PLC systems. I have a job where I need to connect to...
Replies
Views
Hai All, I have a PLC(MItsubhishi Melsec FX 48 MR) With me, which is having Serial interface DB 25 port on it. If I use DB 25 to usb...
Replies
Views
I have a MCT U232-P9 USB to Serial (DB9) converter that I cannot find the drivers for. I have spent the last couple of hours looking through...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom