Using 1734-ASC232 with 1734-AENT

shosh1

I'm having a bit of trouble using the 1734-ASC232 card.

I can seem to send out strings out fine, but reading strings seems to be a problem. I can send one string and it gets read into the ascii.DATA[0] array. But sending another string seems to be a problem. I have to reset the module (by going into properties of the module) to read another string.

Does anyone know how to purge the buffer of this card as it seems?

The settings I'm using are immediate read, and not master/slave, if that helps.

Welcome to the Forum !

One of the weaknesses of these modules is the fact that the input buffer processing cannot be triggered by a timeout or by an output command.

If you have a string that is the exact same size every time, the fixed-length function works fine.

And if your input has a delimiter character like a carriage return or line feed or escape, you can use those to trigger the processing of the input buffer. Most actual ASCII protocol strings have a delimiter.

Does your incoming string have a fixed length or a delimiter you can use ?

The string lengths will be of 2 different lengths, and a carriage return is used as a delimiter. can you elaborate when you say "processing of the input buffer"?

Thanks for your response.