Using a Logix5572S processor to replace a Logix5561 processor.

Hi to all,
We had a machine down with a bad RsLogix 5000 processor. There is a red light on the processor for ok. The bad processor is a Logix 5561. The one I found in our stock room is a Logix 5572S. Can I use the new processor to replace the old one? Thank you all for your help.

:confused:

I don't think the L72S will operate without a safety partner beside it. If you have the available slot and a partner module, it could work. I don't have much experience with safety controllers. A non-safety L7x would be fine and easier if you're not using the serial port for a peripheral. If you have the means, try to go online with the L61 and see what fault is present.

I don't think the L72S will operate without a safety partner beside it. If you have the available slot and a partner module, it could work. I don't have much experience with safety controllers. A non-safety L7x would be fine and easier if you're not using the serial port for a peripheral. If you have the means, try to go online with the L61 and see what fault is present.

Yeah depending on budget, if you need the serial but can't upgrade the device you are connected to, I sued ProSoft ethernet to serial a couple of plays. It was reliable after you got it working.