Using dynamic IP address with RSView, CLX and SLC505...

I have never seen that setting, nor have I ever seen it do anything but fail.

However, if there is also a DHCP server on the network, then the DHCP server will set it's address. And, since DHCP uses leases on IP addresses, it is possible that you would get the same IP address you previously had. However, this would indicate that the BootP had failed. And, you might not get the same IP address. I have seen this many times! That is also why the ENBT has a specific setting for either BootP or DHCP which the SLC does not have.

OG

Similar Topics

I'm attempting to set up a network that will enable me to monitor/program an Allen Bradley Micrologix 1100 that is connected to a cellular router...
Replies
Views
Hi All, What i am trying to achieve is a dynamic tag(Device_1)[Text tag 16 bit] that monitors the state of another tag (Config_1)[unsigned 8 bit]...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm very new to PLC programming and I'm trying to find out if this library (Tc2_NcFifoAxes) is necessary for our task In our case we need to...
Replies
Views
I have a project to automate four generator sets. The system will monitor and store the load demand of the factory. Once there's Power outage, the...
Replies
Views
Adding ethernet equipment to an existing panel that has none. We have some solid ethernet cables coming from other remote cabinets that I plan to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom