Using embedded HSC in CompactLogix L27ERM

larbi16

Hi everyone,
this is my first time trying to setup encoder counts and track the traveled distance and speed i am using L27ERM QBFC1B processor which has embedded Analog IO and embedded Counters the encoder that i have sends out A+ and B+ only, I dont know from where to start any help?

There's a wiring diagram on page 60 of that manual that shows pull-up resistors and connecting A- and B- to 0V when using a single-ended encoder. The need for/size of the pull-up resistors is based on the encoder specs. You may need to look into that.

I would recommend you post a wiring schematics that you have along with encoder part number.
Also please note that L27 terminals don't line up with labels printed on the controller. As a result you may have accidently mis-wired it. Going from my experience and some of my friends who had wiring issues. ignore labels and count terminals.

I would recommend you post a wiring schematics that you have along with encoder part number.
Also please note that L27 terminals don't line up with labels printed on the controller. As a result you may have accidently mis-wired it. Going from my experience and some of my friends who had wiring issues. ignore labels and count terminals.
Excellent points. The -L24s we have here have the same issue with the terminal labels. It was a serious compromise purchase due to horrible lead times, but it's what we could get. Not super impressed and won't use any more of them if I have a choice.

This is how I wired the encoder the other question that I have is how do I know which pin should I use from the plc if they don't line up?

Attachments

• Untitled10.png
    Untitled10.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 10
This is open collector output. It will need more that just two wires :)
Example is on page 60 of 1769-UM006. Needs pull-up resistors.
Probably example in the L27 user manual too, I did not check.