using HSC in motion control with PTO drive

adam_lhadi

Hi Everyone

am controlling a stepper motor with 1215 plc, when using motion control(V6/7) you don't have any option of using HSC as feedback is there any way to overcome this

but when using V2 and V3 it gives you the option of involving the HSC, in the manual they say (The PTO requires the functionality of a high-speed counter (HSC). An internal HSC is used for this, the count of which cannot be evaluated.) BY saying "" An internal HSC"" do they mean that i can't use external encoder for the feedback

also, they say if you use PTO1 HSC1 is automatically activated

if PTO2 is used HSC2 is activated, also that the selected HSC cannot be evaluated in the user program

what i want is to connect an external Encoder for the feedback is't possible

kind regards