Using MODBUS_RTU function block in Codesys

tanaya

I want to extract tag/variable values from a Mitsubishi PLC using MODBUS RTU protocol through the serial port.
I am using Codesys for programming the PLC.
Can anyone tell how to establish the mapping between the tag names and the MODBUS addresses in Codesys?

Thanks in advance..

As I know Codesys and Mitsubishi are going together only if you have iQ C controler (Q06CCPU-V-H01 or Q12DCCPU-V). If you don't have some of those two CPUs, you will have to do classical programming and you will have to make function in Mitsubishi CPU (Modbus Slave) and to program your Modbus Master to read it. Modbus communication is not tag based, but memory address based (see www.modbus.org).

Similar Topics

I'm trying to control a device via MODBUS RTU and the ModbusRtuMasterV2_PcCOM in Twincat 3. I've configured a device with the right com port and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping to use an SLC 5/05 PLC to communicate as Modbus RTU Master to a number of Modbus TCP slaves. I understand that a gateway is...
Replies
Views
Hi friends, this is my first post in this forum. I am Implementing an application that works like this: I want use the RS-485 interface of...
Replies
Views
we are trying to do a Modbus Rtu communication between a Delta plc and an Abb inverter, using ISPsoft and NWconfig. do you have any sample program...
Replies
Views
I am trying to communicate from a Micrologix 1400 chan 2 to a SC2124M scanner via modbus rtu. I have taken a straight through cable with RS232 on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom