Using PID first Time in Allen Bradley

obi1987

I am using PID first time in Allen Bradley.I have to Tune a PID on the basis of Pressure Transmitter.I have 3 pumps and pumps will run/stop according the output of the Pump.If the output is greater than 80% then I have to start the next pump and if the output of PID is less then 30% than I have to stop the pump.

A major component of engineering is being able to express technical ideas clearly, and provide useful quantitative information.

First, which Allen-Bradley controller ? The PID instructions in the PLC-5, SLC/MicroLogix, and ControlLogix function differently.

You described criteria for "the next pump" and "the pump".

Try writing out your control criteria for three pumps.

Are the pumps controlled by variable-speed drives ?

Why are you using PID instead of discrete logic ?