Allen Bradley PID CONTROL using Micrologix

Rogertms

Hi,

I would like to ask about the allen bradley on how to use the pid block in the programming, the software i use is rslogix500 and model of plc is 1762-L40BWA
with expansion I/O IF4 and OF4.

first question, what is the raw value on the analog input and output if i use pid block? is the raw value range from 6241 - 31206 or 0 - 16383?

second question, the pid value of P I and D must can be tuned at HMI or can be fixed value in PLC programming?

third question, do you have any guideline on how to use this PID in the program?

Urgently wanted to know answer, thank you

first question, what is the raw value on the analog input and output if i use pid block? is the raw value range from 6241 - 31206 or 0 - 16383?

See PDF's below for data format values for your cards.

second question, the pid value of P I and D must can be tuned at HMI or can be fixed value in PLC programming?

You can write to those value from your HMI or they can be fixed.

third question, do you have any guideline on how to use this PID in the program?

See link chapter 19 of the manual.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1762-rm001_-en-p.pdf

Last edited:
But for my application, its not for controlling temperature,
is used to control air velocity flow, if its not enough as set point,
it will increase by using PID , controlled by plc but inverter will do the job.