Using Pop-Ups in RSVIEW

maverick2986

I am attempting to use a view "pop-up" pages by making some of the screens "On Top" options. I am connecting to a CompactLogix 1769-L31 and would like to know the following:

If an on-top page is currently being displayed, how do I close it via the PLC?

For instance, Screen 1 is a full page and the operator select an option that brings Screen 2 up as a small "pop-up" window on top of Screen 1. When a certain amount of time goes by, Screen 2 must close down automatically and leave only Screen 1 still open. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

If you are using RSView ME, you are probably going to have to find a manual workaround, because only Replace screens (to which you have assigned a display number) can be remotely closed by the PLC.

If you are using RSView32 or RSView SE, you may be able to use VBA to close the screen when a defined condition is met. (Don't hold me to this, as I know only enough about VBA to be dangerous!)

RSView ME does not support VBA

I could be wrong...but I bet you could do it with a macro. You have macros that can run when a display opens, I would just have the macro abort the display depending on the condition of some tag value.

I also open displays based certain conditions using derived tags.

Hopefully, the OP will let us know what flavor of RSView is being used. Cntrlfrk has some great ideas, but unfortunately, they only apply to RSView32 or RSView SE.

If you are using RSView32 you may be able to use an EVENT.

e.g. Event1:
Action: Display Popup_Name /X1200 /Y140
Expression: Tag1

Event2:
Action: Abort Popup_Name
Expression: Tag2

Kim

Kim Gold said:
If you are using RSView32 you may be able to use an EVENT.

e.g. Event1:
Action: Display Popup_Name /X1200 /Y140
Expression: Tag1

Event2:
Action: Abort Popup_Name
Expression: Tag2

Kim

KIM is right.
Don't forget to turn Event detector "on" in the StartUp marco

i did this not long ago..it took a while but finaly figured it out...

no macros..just programming in logix..

Hint..look in Global connections of rsview ME..Then remote display number..

Keep in mind when you right click on most displays it says display 1

RGURIN knows what i am talking about..

????
D

Last edited:
the more i think about it my way might not work..

my way worked becouse i know what screen they are operating on..when something happened that i needed another screen i poped that one up..then when that one timed out i returned to specific screen.

The way i am thinking of wont work if the operator is on a diffent screen..well it will work but will bring up the wrong screen when the pop up closes..if its not that critical then you could bring them back to a main menu