Using the same Authority Identifier on multiple sites

SamW

We have multiple sites each with it's own PLC and supporting software. Each site is set up as a standalone setup and we are working on using FT security to control access to software and the PLC.

Ideally I would like to use the same Authority Identifier across all sites, means we only have to keep track of one backup file. In theory it seems like this is possible, by creating a backup from one machine and then using the Recover option to install it on another. Are there any reasons why we shouldn't do this?

Should have made it clear, using security setup through FactoryTalk Administration Console, primarily to control access to Studio 5000.

A second, related question, is the Identifier number alone sufficient to carry out a restore if the actual backup file is lost or damaged?