Writing the same value to a modbus register using Crimson 3.1

erwilfo

All,

I must write the same value to a modbus register using on a Graphite HMI. Crimson prevents this, but according to technical support, the function "Force" should allow me to do it.

If I do a regular assignment (Register := Value;) it works as long as the new number is different to the one is currently store in Register. The device I am communicating with keeps a historic on changes in this register so I need to be able to write the value even if it is the same it is currently stored. I implemented the "force" function, and it is not writing even if the new value if different.

Has anyone dealed with this problem? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to the PLCTalk Forum community !

What exact Red Lion device are you using ?

Is the protocol Modbus RTU or Modbus/TCP, or something else ? What is the Modbus function code (coil, analog, holding, etc). ?

If you can provide a snippet of the code you're executing, folks might be able to help or test. I don't have any Crimson 3.1 devices but I've got a handful of ordinary 3.0 stuff.