Using unicodes with RSLogix5000

irishalanl

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if I can use unicodes with RSLogix5000? I searched the net and found the codes but logix only adds them as strings.

Do I need to change the type from a string to something else?
For instance it would be great if I could use ℃ instead of degC.

Thanks in advance!

The STRING data-type is just a construct that contains a SINT[82] array.

I don't see any reason why the array elements can't hold any style of 8-bit data, not just ASCII characters, although the built-in String handling functions may not be able to manipulate anything other than ASCII data.

Similar Topics

Hi I'm very new to PLC programming and I'm trying to find out if this library (Tc2_NcFifoAxes) is necessary for our task In our case we need to...
Replies
Views
I have a project to automate four generator sets. The system will monitor and store the load demand of the factory. Once there's Power outage, the...
Replies
Views
Adding ethernet equipment to an existing panel that has none. We have some solid ethernet cables coming from other remote cabinets that I plan to...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to control a device via MODBUS RTU and the ModbusRtuMasterV2_PcCOM in Twincat 3. I've configured a device with the right com port and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to use the IO Device Library (Product Versions) which is configured to work with the 1756-EN4TR & 1756-EN2TR but my system uses...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom