Using WinCC structured tag items through OPC in Cimplicity

KCup

Hi there,

Situation:
We've got several structured tags in a WinCC application. Those contain integer values which in turn contain bits that all have a certain meaning.
We want to use those bits directly in a Cimplicity application and we use OPC server (WinCC side) to accomplish this.

Problem:

Reading the integer value from the structured tag works, but reading on bit level does not.

Question:
Anybody have any ideas? We could of course read in the integer values and derive seperate booleans once the data is available in Cimplicity? But we want to know if there is a syntax we could use in the address line to make reading in the bits straight forward?

Thanks for any help.

seppoalanen said:
Is there C++ skript ? bit = int & 16; means bit 4 in 0-15.

Yes, in Cimplicity there are possibilities to extract bits from words (integers or others) and you can even create new tags derived from an integer you read in. Problem is that we want to avoid having to do this and we're actually looking for a direct way to read bits from a structured tag that happens to be part of a WinCC project and is accessible through remote OPC (because WinCC is an OPC server capable HMI package).

Thanks for you reply though.I know it's not a simple question because our main project integrator (for Cimplicity projects) did not come up with an answer either and was going to launch a support ticket with the Cimplicity development team if we didn't come up with the answer.

However, it's the weekend now - and I'm off to play with my easter eggs.
;)

seppoalanen said:
In Finland, we are eating mämmi at easter . http://www.dlc.fi/~marianna/gourmet/mammi.htm

In 1950's, the President of the USA was wisiting here. When he soo what we are eating, he sent telegram to USA: "Send same food here, they are eating same staff twice."

Haha! Well, I guess if you tell someone they'll call for their mämmi when they eat that stuff you're bound to get weird reactions.