WinCC 6.2 read from AB Logix5000 controller using OPC?

dguedez

Anybody know how to setup WinCC 6.2 OPC to read data from AB Logix5000 controller? I'm aware there is a way to do this using rslinx as an opc server? An example WinCC project would help.

I think i got it figured out

Ok so it seems, after installing rslinx on the same machine, WinCC was able to find the RSLinx OPC server using the System Parameters of the OPC group > OPC Item Manager.

Similar Topics

Hello guys, Im using a siemens with WINCC in a computer and need to import to tag´s data fom a specific row in a SCV file, i have a working...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanna Connect Glofa G7m LS PLC to WinCC Flex i have no Serial port in my laptop so i use USB to serial converter and...
Replies
Views
I am trying to find out if there is a way to "read" the tag comments in WinCC Flex 2008 (SP3) during runtime. I'm using WinCC Runtime on normal...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to make a script in WinCC 7.2 to read and write data from internal binary tags to specified bit in external(TCP,MPI etc.)...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I need urgent help on the following issue about WinCC: I have button which once clicked will run the following script to read contents...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom