VB Code Examples Comm. VIA DDE to S7

vdc24

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me some examples of using Visual Basic to communicate to a s7 226 via the rs232 port and DDE. I'm not concerned about the instability of DDE, its not for an industrial application, this is for a project I'm doing at home and I can not afford the OPC package from siemens. I'd rather use DDE and VB via the rs232.

My problem is I really don't know where to start my programming background is minminal in VB I can usually figure out how to do something when I have an example in front of me. If anyone could email me an example or provide me a link to one it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Roy
[email protected]

Similar Topics

So basically I want to copy Ladders 10-19 to 20-29, 30-39 etc. All the way up to Lad 180-189 For a total of 18 copies. LAD 10-19 use...
Replies
Views
Hey would anyone be willing to share some of their programs they've created for stand alone machines? I have been doing my own structure of code...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am looking for a few GE ladder logic examples for Analog inputs. All the resources I have reviewed do not cover analog ciruits...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Someone at work has put a PLC system on my desk, that's just been taken off an idle production line. He said "It's an S7 PLC. We don't...
Replies
Views
hello, I'm a student and for my final grade I have to repare a sepro robot. the only problem I have for now is that i have an error code 3...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom