Veeder-Root interfacing with CompactLogix

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I have a project that involves a fuel system that is using Veeder-Root. I am thinking of getting a EtherNet card for that unit. Have any of you interfaced with a Veeder-Root and CompactLogix ?

Thanks in advance

I've done it once. I had a custom module made up from the guys at Chipkin (http://www.chipkin.com/) to convert the Veeder-Root protocol to something the ControlLogix would understand. There are no easy ways to get the information from the Veeder-Root without the converter, and even then it took a while to get working, although Chipkin tech support was helpful all along the way.

The ethernet card will only give you some web access to the Veeder-Root console. I can't quite remember if I used the ethernet for the converter. The system we interfaced to was an OPW I-site system, but it runs on the Veeder-Root protocol, so its fairly similar.

Got another project coming up in a few months with a similar setup again.... o_O

If you have any option to stay on a single platform I'd say take it now. Its a real pain getting those two talking reliably. Unfortunately some engineering companies see that something has an ethernet port and just assume that they magically talk the same language.

Last edited: