Versamax Devicenet to SVX9000 Drive

Andrew_W

Good Afternoon All,

I have been tasked with controlling 3 SVX9000 VFD's with the OPTC7 option board through a devicenet network using a GE Versamax controller and the IC200BEM103 NCM card, I have configured the VFD's to be nodes 11,12,13 with the baud rate set at 500kbps. I also see 23.9V at each drive across the power wires and 60.2 ohms across the CAN-H and Can-L wires, so I think the wiring is done correctly. I've attached the relevant rungs of logic I used in the PLC to configure the devicenet module, once the program has done a transition from stop to run and the configuration has been sent to the module I get a 1 in the status register which means"Successful Status - Network operation can proceed" at which point I think it should start polling and communicating correct? however it doesn't seem to start comm's and I have no idea what I've done wrong. any help is appreciated

andrew

Never used the DeviceNet card before, but is it safe to use FST_SCN like that on your one shot? Sometimes the communication cards take longer than the CPU to come online when first booted.

From GFK-1539F: "Because a quick RUN-STOP-RUN transition of the CPU headend
may cause the NCM to become confused during configuration, it is
suggested that the Configuration COMMREQ to the NCM be
delayed at least 4 seconds after first scan."

Last edited:
I have considered that, and I get the exact same results using a delay, and not using a delay I end up with the OK and MOD light's solid with a blinking NET light which to me means it can't connect to the nodes, however looking at the connections and setup of the nodes there seems to be no apparent reason for this as everything is set, and there is good connections to the network.

Anyone else have any idea's?

thanks,

Andrew

Never used the DeviceNet card before, but is it safe to use FST_SCN like that on your one shot? Sometimes the communication cards take longer than the CPU to come online when first booted.

From GFK-1539F: "Because a quick RUN-STOP-RUN transition of the CPU headend
may cause the NCM to become confused during configuration, it is
suggested that the Configuration COMMREQ to the NCM be
delayed at least 4 seconds after first scan."