VFD doesn't trip on over current.

Bear in mind that inverters don't just vary current , they also vary voltage to the motor , so the power to the motor does not correspond directly to current . I don't know the inverter you are using ,but most inverters will display output voltage as well as output current . Since a normal clamp meter reading of motor current is unreliable because of the inverter chopper frequency , you will get a more reliable reading from the inverter display .

Paul

Yes, good tip. In this case it seemed correct though since both the display and clamp meter is showing same values

I love the parker drives, 590,690,890 and the new AC30

The AC10 however as said above is a rebranded thing from somewhere far

Its not a pleasant drive at all - See attached from the manual, it shows some stall settings that are default turned off (i have only had a quick skim so this may be wrong)

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 09.21.12.jpg

I love the parker drives, 590,690,890 and the new AC30

The AC10 however as said above is a rebranded thing from somewhere far

Its not a pleasant drive at all - See attached from the manual, it shows some stall settings that are default turned off (i have only had a quick skim so this may be wrong)

We have used the 650, 650V and 690, mostly 650 where we use about 100 and more per year. Since the AC10 is suppose to me the successor of this we need to solve this "minor" problem first. I have noticed the stall beeing turned off (for some strange reason) but I got this to work, and this to is related to the INVERTER rated current (for some reason I don't know). 607 and 608 is the ones I changed.

I tried to change F707 according to the new found wisdom from this forum and I can get my inverter to trip but it's tripping on OL2. Motor overload.
I didn't have the time to test for longer runs so I must test this aswell to see if it trips. I could run a 5,5kW motor that draws 6A on a 5A motor protection for atleast 30min. So I have to check more.

Nice to hear someone else using the parker drives, we have had nothing but good to say about the drives we use from them until they released the AC10.

Since you have used the AC30V I have one question for you:
We just resently replaced a 650 3.0kW with an AC30V 3.0kW drive but the AC30V just kept tripping on overcurrent, we could run it on 49% but as soon as we got over 50% the drive tripped. The drive is running a motor with a belt running an Eccentric wheel. This makes the current very unstable. We really have no idea as to why the drive trips though, we have maxed out the motor current parameter. It seems like the drive trip whenever we reach 7.5A (the inverter rated current) , we can't be sure though because the current is very unstable. The 650 worked just fine. I've read in the manual that the OC trip can accure when it is applied shock load, since English isn't my native language I'm not sure what it meens. Could the eccentric wheel make shock load? We are not sure what parameters we could change. We had to change back to the 650 again.

I've read in the manual that the OC trip can accure when it is applied shock load, since English isn't my native language I'm not sure what it meens. Could the eccentric wheel make shock load?

A "shock load" would be a sudden increase in load which an eccentric could definitely cause. Stall prevention might stop the tripping IF that's the problem.

Another thing an eccentric load will cause is decel increasing the DC bus voltage when the load cams over and drives the motor. That would be another thing to check because the fault message doesn't always point to the fault. And that goes double for rebadged drives from exotic lands.............

Don't just test with a larger motor that is freewheeling.
Use a smaller motor and physically introduce enough drag to overload the motor.

From what I have experienced you are trying to trigger the OverCurrent Trip function in the drive, not the OverLoad.

If you want it to fault on OverLoad then overload it.
If it doesn't trip then your answer couldn't be clearer.
If it does then the drive is smarter then you are :)

We have used the 650, 650V and 690, mostly 650 where we use about 100 and more per year. Since the AC10 is suppose to me the successor of this we need to solve this "minor" problem first. I have noticed the stall beeing turned off (for some strange reason) but I got this to work, and this to is related to the INVERTER rated current (for some reason I don't know). 607 and 608 is the ones I changed.

I tried to change F707 according to the new found wisdom from this forum and I can get my inverter to trip but it's tripping on OL2. Motor overload.
I didn't have the time to test for longer runs so I must test this aswell to see if it trips. I could run a 5,5kW motor that draws 6A on a 5A motor protection for atleast 30min. So I have to check more.

Nice to hear someone else using the parker drives, we have had nothing but good to say about the drives we use from them until they released the AC10.

Since you have used the AC30V I have one question for you:
We just resently replaced a 650 3.0kW with an AC30V 3.0kW drive but the AC30V just kept tripping on overcurrent, we could run it on 49% but as soon as we got over 50% the drive tripped. The drive is running a motor with a belt running an Eccentric wheel. This makes the current very unstable. We really have no idea as to why the drive trips though, we have maxed out the motor current parameter. It seems like the drive trip whenever we reach 7.5A (the inverter rated current) , we can't be sure though because the current is very unstable. The 650 worked just fine. I've read in the manual that the OC trip can accure when it is applied shock load, since English isn't my native language I'm not sure what it meens. Could the eccentric wheel make shock load? We are not sure what parameters we could change. We had to change back to the 650 again.

What model AC30V did you pick, you have to be careful as the AC30Vs are sized for fan duty (110%) and not heavy duty (as they call it) 150% overload, with an unstable current this could cause a trip, did you run the wizard and set the motor up correctly ? Is it running in V/Hz or sensorless or other ? Whats in the trip log of the AC30 ? As above it could be decel and dc bus as well ?