VFD install on open delta system

Just as an FYI, I have received confirmation from the power company that they have 4-wire high-leg open delta, but they are hoping/planning to move away from it.

Yes. Look for what's often referred to as a "Drive isolation transformer". It will be a 240V delta primary, with a 240?137V wye secondary. You will ground the center point of the wye, but you need not run that as a neutral, because 137V is useless for anything, it's just there to keep the power electronics referenced to a consistent ground point.

Similar Topics

I have a VFD rated for 125HP at 480V. After the VFD, there is a sine wave filter, then a 480/240 150KVA transformer, before the 100HP motor...
Replies
Views
Little PF525 was wired in and set up to run on power up. Disconnect for this is over 200 feet away. See the reversing starter? Yep, that is how...
Replies
Views
Hello, first of all let me state for the record that I'm not a tech of any kind, I have limited experience with industrial automation devices, so...
Replies
Views
Sorry in advance for the long post, but this requires a little back story. I work in a facility with a couple hundred VFDs Most are in a web...
Replies
Views
Customer want to use contactor for their 5HP motor blower application. im leaning to VFD. anyone use contractor for blower application...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom