View Site Edition (Local) log in issues

RAYBRITO

Hi, Guys
Sorry to bother but, I'm on the process of setting 3 users on a project, but I can not make it to work, my issue is as follow:
I made the log in/log off buttons, when I log in as "maint" the system logs me in as "maint", but I want to display the user logged in at the moment, I been trying to use "system\User" and read it as an string display, but no luck.:geek:
the reason to set 3 local user is to allow them to change settings/turn on/off devices as needed according with their rights.:)

Users are:
nobody= just navigate around
Maint= change states of the equipment (auto mode or manual)
settings=change set points as needed

I can log in with the above and if I open Diagnostics Viewer I can see who is logged in

big question is: How can I use the "system\user" tag to animate/hide according with their level some Buttons?

any help is really appreciated (see pic):)

thank you

In your String Display object use the Expression Editor and under the Function select Security. Use the CurrentUser() function.

The System\User would tell you who is logged in at the Server (pretty useless) where the CurrentUser() is going to tell you who the Client is logged in as.

System\User works fine in ME, but in SE it isn't getting you what you need.

OG

Operaghost, I try it but no luck, I can not follow all your indications, I can not find "Expression Editor and under the Function select Security"

I'm using View Site Edition(Local Station)

I tried using CurrentUser() but I get nothing back also {CurrentUser()} same nothing back

Can you be a little more specific?:geek:

thank you

SE.jpg se 2.jpg

So first, don't use the String Input to display the user name. Use the String Display object. The String Input is used to input values into a tag. You want to see the name of the currently logged in user.

I was citing steps from memory so it was CurrentUserName( ) not CurrentUser( ), and the Expression Editor isn't necessary. Here is a picture that shows the steps for a String Display.

OG

Expression.jpg

Last edited: