Wago 750-841 Error software and now is dead

luciopro

Hi,
my name is Luciano, and I write from Italy.

I'have a problem with Wago PLC 750-841.

I make a programm error and the plc go in allarm!!!

I have reset the power of plc, and when it restart is impossible to go online!!!
The plc have lost the IP adress and is also impossible to go online whit the wago serial cable.

I try also to connect with the software WAGO Ethernet Settings (V03.00.06) setting the default parameter of comunication (com1 19200 even 8,1) but is impossible to connect!!!

I try to reset by pressing the switch button pf the PLC, but is impossible to comunication.

When I turn ON the PLC the led make this sequence:

1--> I/0 and USR make one lamp red
2--> I/O flashing about 3/4sec orange color
3-->Link and TXD/RXD go on (green colour) for about 0,5 sec then turno OFF
4--> MS go on and stay on (green colour).

I have also modification the phisycal configuration (i put on PLC more I/o) but the led of plc works always in the same mode!!!!!!

Is possible to make a reset hardware of the PLc??

I can try to download again the firmware ??? How??? Where I can found the firmware of this PLC???

Thanks very much....in Itali The Tecnical of Wago is in holliday, and i have a very big problem......

thanks again

Procucci Luciano

Can you post your program? Make sure your computer is on the same subnet of the controller. After you have confirmed this, try to ping the controllers IP address.
If connecting from your computer directly to the controller you will need a crossover ethernet cable.

You can also reassign an IP address by using bootp. This can be downloaded on the wago website. Here is the link to the bootp http://www.wago.us/service/9377.php

Once you download the bootp server open up the bootp text file and scroll to the bottom. Insert the mac address of the controller and then the IP that is used in your program. Click file save and then click start.

To find the ip address that your program uses go to the online tab and then to communication parameters. Select Ethernet TCP/IP.

Last edited:
Hi Automation,
i try with bootp Server, I Insert the mac address of the controller and then the IP that is used in your program. Click file save and then click start, but don't works....the program don't see the wago PLC!!!!!

I Try also by Wago Ethrnet Setting, but don't find the wago on the com!!

Another idea???

thank

1. What is the IP address of your computer?
2. What is the IP address that you want to assign?
3. Are you connecting from your computer to the controller with a crossover ethernet cable?
4. Are you connecting through a switch?

Please explain your setup.

Hi Automation1,

1. What is the IP address of your computer?

IP:192.168.0.34
Sub:255.255.255.0
Gateway:192.168.0.1

2. What is the IP address that you want to assign?

IP:192.168.0.3
Sub:255.255.255.0
Gateway:192.168.0.1
3. Are you connecting from your computer to the controller with a crossover ethernet cable?

Yes, I connecting my pc to PLC with a cross cable

4. Are you connecting through a switch?

No I don't have a switch

thanks

1. Open up the BootP server.
2. Click edit bootptab
3. Scroll to bottom and make it look like this.
Change your mac address
hamburg:ht=1:ha=0030DE000003:ip=192.168.0.3
4. File save.
5. Start bootp
6. Once started unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in.
7. Your controller should now have an IP.
8. Ping the IP and let me know

Good Luck

Last edited:
hi automation1,
i have try again with two different pc to transfering the ip adress to PLC wago, but don't works.

I hope the PLC is broken, i don't know why.......

i try to found another PLC to finish the program
thanks for all!!!!

bye