want to connect my PLC via usb

azafar46

Screenshot_1.png

I want to connect my plc via usb .
i attached a picture please see 1st.
When i connect 1 into plc and 2 into PC it connected.
when i connect 1 with plc and USB into my pc then plc not connect to plc. what is the issue please help me thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sxprs6dlbkqs27/Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
You will probably need to install device driver for USB to serial device and then configure it for an appropriate COM port number so your software can see the PLC.

After you have plugged in the USB/serial converter, run Device Manager on your PC and look under "Ports(COM and LPT)" to see what COM port number got assigned to the converter. Then set up your PLC's programming software to use the same port.

I have found that not all USB - > Serial devices work for all uses. I had one that would not reliably commuicate with RS232 devices. I had to scrap the idea of using that one and picked up a RS485, which the device I wanted to access also supported. It works great, it was purpose designed for RS485 industrial applications. So you might just need to try a few USB -> Serial RS232 devices until you find one that works, or hunt down the specific communication cable for your device.